Fashion, Skincare and Lifestyle

PETRINA JADE BROOKS

Pages

Search This Blog

5.5.20

How Sleeping Beauty got her glow back


Welcome to Scientia, pronounced See-en-cha (Latin for knowledge, science, and skill). So what's all the fuss about? You ask. Well, beauty junkies, the glow product for skincare has arrived and after months of testing it now time to let the secret out.

Developed by Tiffany Salmon a well-traveled, self-confessed "Beauty junkie. Product innovation expert. Mother. Design lover. Secret seeker" I was intrigued at how an oil-based product would work well with my oily skin.

So after a recent facial and skin analysis, I was told my oily skin was due to my skin being dehydrated. This causes my cells to produce excess sebum to hydrate my dehydrated skin, which leads to a natural side effect of oily skin. As you can imagine the search was now on for a product that could not only hydrate my skin but also balance my natural sebum production without blocking my pores. Guys let me tell you it was not easy! I turned to serum-based products namely from The Ordinary, but I could only find rosehip oil which doesn't always agree with the exfoliant liquids I use. Then by magic I was sent I lovely package containing Scientia Dawn and Dusk Elixirs and they seemed to fit exactly what I was looking for.

With a blend of 23 oils,  and smells that are reminiscent of Clarins massage oil collection ( a family favorite). Scientia Dawn elixir has been formulated to help hydrate and balance your skin naturals oils as well as bringing a "daily dose of glow". Its blend of 23 oils is packed with skin-nourishing vitamins, antioxidants, and fatty acids. The combination of these three helps your skin cells rejuvenate producing more natural acid such as hyaluronic acid and create a protective barrier to stop free radicals and UV rays from aging your skin.

With this in mind, I decided to test how the Dawn elixir would work as a primer. Would my make-up stay? Would my excess sebum make an appearance?  How would my skin react to all the oils? Let's say I was very, very skeptical. Using a well-known tonic mist and hyaluronic acid I applied my dawn elixir pressing it into my skin, I also used an SPF 50 and then proceeded with my foundation, concealer, and powder. I immediately noticed a light glow straight after application without the use of my setting spray. Throughout the day the highest points of my face gave off a natural glow and my skin looked dewy and healthy. Although after 10 hours of wear my face did become a little oily in my t-zone. I was pleasantly surprised that this hadn't occurred earlier in the day especially as it was Easter weekend and London had clear skies and above 20-degree weather. I was very impressed, to say the least, and actually could not wait to take off my make up and test Scientia Dusk Elixir.

After my usual double cleanse routine, liquid exfoliant, and toner I was ready to test my Dusk elixir. After a quick review of the ingredients, I noticed it contained Rosehip oil and Bakuchiol- a natural derivative of retinol. As I used a mild exfoliant, I went ahead and popped the 23 oil night blend on to my face. Just like its sister Dawn I was hit a fragrant warming smell of fennel, Lavender, Frankincense, and clove oil. I immediately thought how perfect this would be if it could be formulated into a sleep mist. You'd be hitting that REM sleep in no time! But back to skincare, I was super excited to try this as I love Bakuchiol, and clove oil is an amazing healer. One dose of this blend can help with hydration, and re-energise your skin cells to help with cell turnover as you sleep. As you already know, I have preached this numerous times, the majority of skin rejuvenation occurs during your sleep! (now you all know where sleeping beauty got her name from). Bursting with oils to assist with collagen production and external aggressors such as your phone light (blue light) can add to premature aging and encourage hyperpigmentation. Something I myself was unaware of...... so thanks Tiff! the next day I awoke with plump, dewy skin, which was not what I was expecting.


I made the decision to include it in my weekly routine. I tend to use both elixirs 4 times a week especially on Sundays, my Netflix and Chill days. My daughter uses the dawn elixir whenever she can get her hands on it and it has done wonders for her skin. She tends to use the elixir mainly on her nose and the highest points of her face. However, she is banned from the Dusk elixir has she doesn't need Bakuchiol at the ripe old age of 13.




Now Tiffany has not hidden the fact that she LOVES her oils and as a fellow aromatherapy nerd (I spent many a weekend and summer holidays being dragged around Baldwins in Walworth road and the Body shop aromatherapy section creating scents for my dear mother's body oils). Inhaling the different scents of Scientia elixir was like jumping into a time machine to my childhood. It brought memories I had clearly stored in my unconscious and lovely memories of my mother and me planting lavender in the back garden and snuggling up to her on the couch without a care in the world. The stimulation of these scents is said to also help with stress and hormone balance. As a PTSD sufferer, I can say this did bring back beautiful memories of my mother, and really did positively affect my mood and brought a tear of happiness. So Thank you Scientia.

I have listed a full list of the oils found in both elixirs.


Dawn Elixir
Sunflower Oil / Avocado Oil / Baobab Seed Oil / Sweet Basil Oil / Fennel Oil / Cumin Seed Oil / Patchouli Oil / Moringa Seed Oil / Sesame Seed Oil / Pomegranate Seed Oil / Macadamia Nut Oil / Passionfruit Seed Oil / Rosehip Seed Oil / Sweet Almond Oil / Argan Oil / Chia Seed Oil / Cardomom Oil /  Pink Pepper Seed Oil / Pumpkin Seed Oil / Ho Wood Oil / Geranium Oil / Ginger Oil /  Hemp Oil

Dusk Elixir
Sunflower Oil / Avocado Oil / Baobab Seed Oil / Sweet Basil Oil / Fennel Oil / Cumin Seed Oil / Patchouli Oil / Moringa Seed Oil / Sesame Seed Oil / Pomegranate Seed Oil / Macadamia Nut Oil / Passionfruit Seed Oil / Rosehip Seed Oil / Sweet Almond Oil / Argan Oil / Chia Seed Oil / Frankincense Oil /  Lavender Oil / Ylang- Ylang Flower  Oil / Rosemary Leaf Oil / Wild Carrot Oil / Clove Bud Oil / Bakuchiol


If you're feeling social and would like to join the glow family get connected by searching #secretseekers or why not follow @Scientiabeauty
















No comments:

Post a Comment