Fashion, Skincare and Lifestyle

PETRINA JADE BROOKS

Pages

Search This Blog

14.4.15

Brick Lane


Hello my lovelies.....so I rarely blog my London outings, but as spring has coming into form and the sun was shining I thought why not blog my sunday at Brick Lane.

My other half is a foodapedia. Constantly taking me to amazing restaurants and small intimate food spots. So I decided to take him to Brick Lane a narrow street in the heart of East London (my hometown) a stones throw from my childhood home. As our last venture was Hoxtons Street Hawkers-10 weekends of food music and booze located on three levels. I decided Brick Lane street market would be an ideal location for our lastest venture.

We indulged in the food scene litrally tasting every cuisine-as I am a real foodie a tend not try things I have tried before, I like to take my opportunites by the hand. After a few samples of Malaysian, Japenese, Italian, Ethiopian and Morrocan I decided to try Ticos Brazilian street food - a cusine I am not a fan of . My dish was called Beef in a Bun. It consisted of shredded beef, Jalepeanos, BBQ sauce, a parmesean crisp and onions all in a brioche bun. It was AMAZING! The beef was soft and melted in the mouth the onion and parmasean cheese complimented the BBQ flavours of the shredded beef and the sweetness of the brioche brought the whole thing together. The pig in me was in full force and next was my Brittania Crepe smothered in organic strawberry jam-simple and sweet.

I kept my outfit to a minimum a threw on a pair of high waisted trouser from River Island and a nautical top from Primark. After our little adventure the Mr decided to grab a coffee and then of home we went for snuggles and a catch up on the Masterchef 2015 episodes-I know I know more food! What is one to do?

Brick Lane is an amazing place, for my readers who have never visited I highly recommend you do. Our walk included listening to a live band who played an ambiguous genre of music inlcuding a fusion of rock and reggae, we wonder past a vintage furniture shop with live piano playing and much more-but you will have to visit to find out the other mystical on-going in Brick Lane  

X

Brooks and Lei
  

2 comments:

  1. Looks soo gd! Love the market ill have to go down myself. Good work bbe x

    ReplyDelete