Fashion, Skincare and Lifestyle

PETRINA JADE BROOKS

Pages

Search This Blog

16.5.15

The Glow





SS15 has finally arrived and I obsessed with the 'natural glow complexion' trend. But I have oily spot prone skin. A massive negative when using luminous foundations. As the sebum can over a period of time slowly break down the formulation in foundations which can cause it to split, not set and oxides at a rapid rate....the oily skin life is hard! Due to this I always research foundations that are of interest to me. Request testers when shopping and swatch products, before I take the plunge and buy. 

The Nars All Day Luminous Foundation burst on to our scene with positive reviews and after swatching the product and allowing it to dry and oxidise over  period of hours I decided this was the one. 

My first impression on this foundation was it consistency and coverage, one pump goes along way. Now I do not have perfect skin I have hyper pigmentation when I have breakouts-although my complexion does come back after an intense skin routine I still need medium to full coverage when my skin is not looking its best.

I use my Real Techniques beauty blender to apply the foundation using a patting motion. The foundation is an exact match and highlights my cheek bones without effort. To minimise the glow in my T-zone I use my Bobbi Brown Sheer Pressed powder and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish and allow both products to set for a flawless finish.

Now I must state Nars Luminous Foundation is oil free and gives of an amazing full natural finish. I never have to re-apply although I always carry my BB pressed powder and Real Techniques buffing brush for when my skin starts to shine on its own. 


If you would like me to do a full updated foundation routine post then comment below.

Check out my previous blog post the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer-Here

Brooks and Lei 

X



No comments:

Post a Comment